Choosing a conference venue can be a particularly stressful exercise. Afterall, if you get it wrong somebody has to carry the can!
So, if you’re currently considering various London conference venues you might want to take a look at my brief check list below:
1. Does the venue have high quality wifi access? It’s well worth making checks and investigations on this one. Is there backup should the wifi connection fail?
2. Is there proper technical support at the venue for hooking laptops to wifi, presentation screens etc? A presentation hindered by poor technology will go down like a lead balloon with delegates. Trust me I’ve been there!
3. Will the staff go the extra mile to make your conference run smoothly. One hotel manager I came across ensured that every conference speaker had their drink of choice before speaking. It was a great touch.
4. Does the locality have plenty of things to do for delegates during down time?
5. Does the venue cater food en masse? Some venues will provide a sumptuous tester menu but struggle to replicate the quality when confronted with serious volumes.
6. Visit the venue while a large scale conference is underway. You’ll get a much better feel for whether the venue can fulfil your needs.
7. This one is a little left field – but check the seating out. Nothing worse than conference seats that cause severe bum ache!!
8. Does the venue have adequate parking facilities?
9. Do the conference facilities have adequate soundproofing? Not good, if the keynote conference speech is interrupted by a rowdy wedding next door!
10. Communications. Can your delegates easily get to the venue via road, rail, underground or air?
If you need assistance in making a decision on your London conference venue give us call on +44 (0)20 7823 3000