We’re known for our location on the Chelsea Harbour making us a prime spot for weddings, but did you know we actually hosted well over 100 weddings last year!
When it comes to your all important wedding photography we don’t think our backdrop can be beaten and we thought you may benefit from our photography top tips for brides and grooms which will help you look… well, more than gorgeous!
For the bride:
- If your dress slips over your head, place a pillow case or a silk underskirt over your head first so as it slips on more easily without smearing your makeup or damaging your hair.
- When you are having your hair styled on the big day wear a shirt (not a T-shirt) so as it’s easier to unbutton without damaging your delicate new hair style.
- Remember to remove the labels on the bottom of your shoes, how many times have you see the bride or groom kneel at the altar only to see how much they paid!
- Always get someone outside of the bridal party to help you with your dress. It’s more than likely that if you get someone within the bridal party to help you they will have false nails on which could cause a huge amount of stress to all if they were to come off!
- As the bride you should always be dressed first of all so as everyone is on hand to help you out. Also, if things fall behind (and they often do) you are the last person who needs to be stressing and rushing to get ready. It’s important that you are completely relaxed (well as much as can be expected) and be allowed space and time to soak up you last few moments as a singleton. Just make sure you have plenty of helpers to take the strain!
For the groom:
- If you normally have your head shaven don’t do it on the day of your wedding as it’s likely that you’ll look bald and shiny in your photos. Shave your head a week before the big day to allow for a little to grow back.
- Remember that your buttonhole is traditionally worn on your left lapel… but if you are not into tradition and wish to wear on the right hand side then our advice is to ensure all your ushers are advised to wear them on the same side.
- Remember your socks. It’s incredible just how many grooms forget and get married without socks on which are easy to spot in photographs.
- Finally… for both of you, remember that this is YOUR day and never lose sight of the reason you are getting married. Just plan ahead (write a list if you need to) and leave plenty of time for contingency. Also, never be afraid to rely on others to help you through the entire process… that’s what friends are for after all!
Please contact us if you’d like to discuss your wedding with Wyndham Grand Chelsea, we’re always happy to help discuss your plans for your special day.